Since we record a new show every two weeks, on off weeks we do a link roundup of things we've read and want to share.
- "Library of Congress to stop using term illegal alien." Well done, LOC.
- File under: dreams do come true. Katy Perry performed with Dolly Parton while wearing an outfit I'm frankly mad I don't own.
- Speaking of news straight outta my dreams: Lin-Manuel Miranda recommends books. My favorite fictional heroes are Oscar Wao, Ender Wiggin and Jane Eyre. I don’t believe in villains.
- Harvard has a pigment library and I want to go to there (you have to see the pictures!). "We use our instruments in the same way that forensic scientists do," Khandekar says. "We examine and find out what we can about the key compounds that will tell us the material's origin."
- The subbreastle of this Telegraph piece on malfunctioning obscenity filters says it all: President Abraham Lincoln was buttbuttinated by an armed buttailant after a life devoted to the reform of the US consbreastution.
- Sure, The Rock can bench 73 adult bison, and visit space by simply pushing the Earth out of his way, but can he button up the sleeve of his dress shirt? Does he need a valet? I'm available.
- Enjoy these takes on the romance novel: Harlequin's "Romance When You Need It" ad campaign (howdy, cowboy) and Twitter's #My5WordRomanceNovel.
- Finally, this beautiful Cairo mural reminds us “If one wants to see the light of the sun, he must wipe his eyes.”