Since we record a new show every two weeks, on off weeks we do a link roundup of things we've read and want to share.
- Paul Rudd's hotness peak is still clearly a ways off in the future. (Becca's email said, "Our readers deserve to see this photo.")
- The women of Hamilton perform famous feminist quotes for Women's History Month. This video is giving me life.
- The Hamilton crew were at the White House this week, and Lin-Manuel Miranda freestyled about government in the Rose Garden while Obama held the cue cards and a drummer from the Marine Band provided the beat. Did you ever in your life imagine anything like this? Goddamn I'm gonna miss this president.
- Speaking of the White House and Women's History Month (but not of Hamilton), they'd like our help finding the original Declaration of Sentiments.
- There is a huge plagiarism scandal happening in the crossword puzzle world: "The animating impulse of crosswords is, 'How can I do something new in this medium?'"
- Jennifer Garner is killing her post-divorce media tour, just killing it.
- This gorgeous NPR story about a schoolboy coining a new word -- "petaloso," meaning full of petals -- is just lovely. (It also bears surprisingly similarities to the kids' book Frindle.)
- Entertainment Weekly takes a deep dive into the Captain America 3: Civil War trailer. Our bodies are not ready.
- Acting in a Terrence Malick movie sounds bananas: "We're all standing there and Malick hands out these pieces of paper to all of us," Lennon said. "And the one he gave me said, 'There's no such thing as a fireproof wall.' And I ask, 'Is this something I'm supposed to say in the scene?' and he said, 'I don't know.'"
- JJ Abrams on why Leia hugged Rey, and not Chewie. Force-powerful ladies hugging!
- We're big fans of the Special Olympics around here, and we're both big babies about winter, so Lady Gaga doing a polar plunge in Chicago to raise money for them: well, damn, woman, good work.
- I'm not crying, I'm just reading this story about a penguin and the guy who saved him and it's raining on my face: 'I have never seen anything like this before. I think the penguin believes Joao is part of his family and probably a penguin as well.
'When he sees him he wags his tail like a dog and honks with delight