Since we record a new show every two weeks, on off weeks we do a link roundup of things we've read and want to share.
- Welp, to the surprise of no one, Hamilton at the Grammys (#Gram4Ham) was pretty great, and Lin's acceptance speech was electric.
- Awesome Tumblr: Women Fighters in Reasonable Armor. Also, their tagline, "ladies that actually dress for dealing damage," is pretty badass too.
- This New Yorker article about gravitational waves really helped me understand why the hell that was such a big deal, last week.
- In more space news, the best job title in the world -- seriously, the best -- belongs to Lindley Johnson, NASA's new Planetary Defense Officer.
- The quail of West Texas respond to Justice Antonin Scalia's death: "Sure, Scalia conveniently discarded his entire jurisprudential philosophy in Columbia v. Heller, when he mangled the Second Amendment to allow pretty much anyone with four fingers and a thumb to carry around a gun. On the other hand, that's all we quail have EVER known. So, you know, welcome to our world, assholes."
- Slate talks about what happened to Shiba Inus -- a once-rare breed in the US -- once they became a popular meme.
- This video of a service dog in training meeting Pluto at Disneyland will make your heart grow three size.
- Y'all is a Feminist Pronoun
- The New York Times has a fascinating article about a con man who is (probably) named Jeremy Wilson, and all the scams he's pulled: He once maintained an Irish accent so well and for so long that his cellmate in an Indiana jail was convinced that he was an Irish mobster.
"You have to give him some grudging respect," said Brian A. Clark, his cousin and also a victim, having had his identity stolen by Mr. Wilson in the early 1990s. "He's a proper villain. He's just got flair."