Hello and welcome to This Week in Ladies!
Here's what we've got on tap for you this week:
- This Week in Comics
Bitch Planet #5, Ms. Marvel #18, We(l)come Back #1, Lumberjanes #18, and Sex Criminals #11 | Bitch Planet is back! This month's issue includes a powerful and important essay by Lindy West, who also wrote this great piece that features pictures of her *stunning* wedding dress (not the primary take-away, but still great). In Welcome Back, the past repeats itself (I couldn't resist. That name is so bad.); the Lumberjanes were into mermaids before they were cool; and Sex Criminals continues to be weird and fun.
- This Week in the Book Report
This week, we're talking about re-reading: when we do it, why we do it, and what we're most likely to re-read. Plus, we lament this sad truth so beautifully addressed by NPR's Linda Holmes.
- Real Ladies: First Ladies of the United States
We talk about OG SJW Eleanor Roosevelt and feminist and abolitionist Abigail Adams. If a woman can do this much and be this inspiring as First Lady, imagine what she could do as President.
Eleanor Roosevelt reading list:
- Hot Dog! Eleanor Roosevelt Throws a Picnic by Leslie Kimmelman and Victor Juhasz
- Eleanor, Quiet No More by Doreen Rappaport and Gary Kelley
- Amelia and Eleanor Go For a Ride by Pam Muñoz Ryan and Brian Selznick
- Our Eleanor by Candace Fleming
Abigail Adams reading & listening list:
- John Adams rap from Hamilton
- Abigail and John Adams' letters
- This Week in Ladies Recommends
A: Leo: A Ghost Story by Mac Barnett
B: The Italian Job
Thanks for listening!