Hello and welcome to This Week in Ladies!
Here's what we've got on tap for you this week:
- This Week in Comics
Black Widow #1, Marvel Now! Point One, Young Avengers #15, Sex Criminals #4, and Revival | We do go on about comics this week, from promising beginnings to disappointing endings. We also broaden our horizons with Revival, an ongoing series from Image that already has two trades for easy catch-up consumption. As Allison says, it's like Fargo, if Frances McDormand's character was less competent. Highly recommend. Finally, as promised, the comic book cover that will ruin you for all other covers.
- This Week in Teen Wolf
This week in Teen Wolf, we talk about TV breakups. Because we broke up with Teen Wolf. Apologies to those of you who were eagerly anticipating the return of this segment, which I assume is approximately none of you. The scales of hotness of actors and dumbness of plot finally tipped against us. Tell us: what shows have you broken up with and why?
- Our Favorite YA Heroines
We consider our favorite heroines from young adult literature and wonder what makes a great heroine. Is she likable? Relatable? Believable? Regardless of why, we think you'll enjoy reading about these ladies:
- Cassandra Mortmain from I Capture the Castle
- Daisy Goodnight from Spirit & Dust
- Frankie Landau-Banks from The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks (To read E. Lockhart's comment about hetero lady librarians, check out this post from our friends at Stacked.)
- Katsa from Graceling
- Mia Thermopolis from The Princess Diaries
- Vicky Austin from A Ring of Endless Light
- Viola Eade from The Chaos Walking trilogy
- This Week in Shit You Should Be Listening To
"I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry" by Cowboy Junkies
Thanks for listening!